Friday, April 17, 2020

New Tune


Are there taxis in Manhattan?
How is it I don't know?
Despite everything that's happening,
the news is kind of slow.

Is the city getting stronger?
Are we taking it in stride?
Here's the latest number
of the people who have died.

Walks are still permitted.
It's not like we're in jail.
If you've run out of food,
if you need the mail.

You ask me how I'm doing.
I tell you that you're kind.
I tell you that it's not so bad,
I tell you I am fine.

And I ask you how you're doing.
You tell me I am kind.
You tell me that it's not so bad.
You tell me you are fine.

The news is not your friend.
But that is just a fact.
Voices fill the air.
Celebrities react.

We're told the planet's happy
We've put our tools away.
Dolphins swim in rivers.
You can see L.A.

I do not miss the office.
I do not miss so much.
Stay safe, as we all say now.
Stay safe and keep in touch.

You ask me how I'm doing,
I tell you that you're kind.
I tell you that it's not so bad,
I tell you I am fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment